Friday, January 27, 2012

Lupron Day 1

Ryle and I got up at 4 this morning to make the long drive to Baton Rouge. I had an ultrasound and some lab work to rule out cysts. And good news - all clear! We were told to continue the birth control pills through Sunday. We also started the Lupron shots this evening. Ryle was great - I think he secretly enjoys giving me shots. The Lupron goes into my thigh and will be taken every evening until they tell us to stop - this should wipe out my hormones. As soon as I start my period, I am supposed to call and they will tell me when to take the next set of shots (Follistim and Menopur). I told her that yesterday I actually started spotting and according to my ultrasound, this may be all I have. My lining is very thin and may not produce a full period. So if by Thursday, I have not started, I am supposed to call her and she will give me instructions as to when to start the shots then.

While we were eating lunch at Don's Seafood (amazing by the way), I was telling Ryle that I feel really confident about this cycle. That has never happened - never. But here's why... at FINO, the same lady does the bloodwork, the same lady does the ultrasounds, and the same lady talks to us about the cycle plans everytime we go. They all have their assigned areas to work so that they are consistent. I know, it doesn't really seem like that big of a deal, but in Shreveport, it was never consistent. We always had someone different do the ultrasound, bloodwork, and give us cycle instructions. I just love that I know exactly who will be doing what when we go in. All in all, it was a great day! I hate the drive to Baton Rouge, but I absolutely love the time that I get to spend with my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment