Monday, July 16, 2012

No News ...




Well lately, life has been great. I haven't really worried about the baby issue. We are focused on paying off our bills and it seems to be working. There hasn't really been much to report.

I'm sad to say that we lost another great teacher to retirement. When I found out, I went to the school to request to be moved. But I don't know if it will happen or not. I guess we will just have to wait and see. It would be great to find out soon because changing classrooms may take a while. Don't get me wrong, I love first grade. But after five years, I need a change. I want to be able to try something different. So I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed for now. I guess if it's meant to be, it will be. Or that's what everyone says anyway ...

Ryle and I have been working out like crazy. He loves CrossFit and I think it's great. I don't know if I "love" it yet, but I'm working on it :). Still no weight loss on the scale, but everyone tells me that they can tell. I guess that's the downside to having never worked out before - you have to gain a lot of muscle before the weight loss will show on the scale. But I want to see some results ... well on the scale. I'm already doing things that I never thought I would be able to do! Every now and then while we are working out, Ryle will look at me and say "I'm so proud of you for doing this" or "I'm glad you workout with me everyday". Those are the moments that make me keep going when I feel like I can't. So I guess a part of me does love CrossFit because it kind of brought Ryle and I back together. The stress of infertility was/is hard on our marriage and at times, it felt like we were so far apart. But now that we workout together everyday, it feels different. It's like we are the old "us" again. It's hard for me to explain.

This past weekend my dad, brother, and his girlfriend went to California to watch the CrossFit Games! I'm so jealous. They got to see some amazing workouts! Plus, they got to see my "CrossFit Crush", Rich Froning, in person! He's pretty amazing! So glad he won the games for the 2nd year in a row - Fittest Man two years in a row (I sure do know how to pick them ;)! ) Ryle and I may just have to go to the games next year. I think it would make an awesome vacation. Here are a few pictures from their trip ...
Bryan and Dad got to see some amazing workouts and some VERY strong women!

Rich Froning Jr. ... i love this picture

Rich Froning Jr. CrossFit Games 2012

They had great seats for the games!

No comments:

Post a Comment