Sunday, June 30, 2013

On Hold

It's been a while, I know ... but we have been super busy!

Ryle and I decided to put all fertility treatments on hold. The stress and strain of trying to conceive was too much - mainly for me. He is always calm, cool, and collected and I am always stressed or worrying about something! I guess that's the difference of being raised in the country vs. the city. For now our philosophy will be "if it happens, it happens"! We are always praying that it will happen on it's own, but deep down I have a feeling that it will take IVF in order for us to have a baby. After 5 years of trying, at some point you just have to take a break. And that time for us is now.

We have spent so much money, time, and energy over these past five years worried about having a baby before we were 30 because in my mind that was something I thought I needed. But I'm happy with my life now. I have an amazing husband who would do anything for me. And of course I have my three "fur babies". I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. Anyway, we aren't thirty yet, but I needed a break. I'm sure he needed the break just as much as me. However, I don't think he would admit it - or if he did he would say he needed the break from "all my stressing and worrying".

Honestly, I'm in a much better place than I was two years ago. I can look at babies, pregnant women, etc. without having an emotional breakdown! Which is a huge improvement considering two years ago I had so many meltdowns - even at school! It was terrible, and I feel so bad for my class that year because they had to witness a few of those! Poor babies! I do still take my Metformin for the PCOS. I will more than likely continue to take it, at least until my doctor says that it's not necessary anymore.

Our life has taken a crazy turn in the past year. My brother Bryan was living with us while he saved money before buying his own house. He officially moved out at the end of April. And we are now in the process of selling our house! It went on the market at the beginning of April and we signed our contract on June 3rd! I was/am so excited, yet sad at the same time. But it turns out, we are going to move in with him for a month or so until we get a house. Payback time for brother, although he did live with us for like two years, but I promise we won't stay nearly that long! And if for some reason we don't move in with him, we will move in with my sister-in-law.

We spent the past two days packing up things that we don't use very often. My house is EMPTY! Almost everything I own is in a box ... makes me sad! I finally got my house almost complete and then we move! We just had granite counter tops installed and everything! But more about the "house business" later .... I also have some exciting "school business" to share :)

Here are a few recent pictures of us! Did I mention that it is summer and I absolutely LOVE my jeep! We've had the top off and now we have the doors off! I truly am a jeep girl :)

Jeep time while our house is being shown ...
My sis-in-law ... I love this girl!
Kullen thinks he is a lap dog ... he is sadly mistaken!

I love this man more than I can ever say ...

No comments:

Post a Comment