Wednesday, July 03, 2013

House Business Part 1

Someone should have warned us how stressful it is to sell a house! Holy cow!

I don't want to ever have to sell another house ... NEVER! Maybe it's not so bad if it's just you, but every single time the house was shown, we had to take all three dogs out with us. Please keep in mind that Kullen is about 150 lbs!! It's such a pain to put him and the two little dogs in the back of a vehicle and then to drive around town anywhere from 30 minutes to an 1 1/2 hours! It was especially bad when it was raining because Kullen would whine when we didn't roll the windows down for him. Here's a picture of Kullen in the jeep - this was a good day for him, we even had the top off! He loves it!

Kullen is a Jeep Dog :)
I'm seriously going to miss my house. This was the first house Ryle and I shared as a married couple and I just love it here. I'm only moving because he wants to - he wants more land and to be farther out of the city. If it was up to me, we would stay here. I do love where we are moving to, but we've done so much work to our house to make it the way we wanted. I mean when we moved in the walls were covered in 80's wallpaper, or the 80's wood paneling, the cabinets were a nasty brown color, the floor was covered in the original carpet or linoleum floors, and the counter tops were all Formica. Not to mention, I live one minute from work right now - I could walk to school if I wanted to ... but I've never wanted to! Haha. 

Here are some pictures of the improvements! I wish I could show you before pictures but they are already packed in a box! Maybe once we get settled, I can update with before and after pictures - but that will be a while :)

New granite counter tops and tumbled stone back-splash

Hardwood floors and no more paneling!!
New tile in master shower - it used to be fake marble.
Well we hope the next couple that lives here will love it as much as we have over the past five years. We have made lots of happy memories in this house!

UPDATE - Oh my gosh! I totally forgot another horrible thing about selling my house. My mom reminded me after I posted this. We finally got tired of driving the dogs around, so we took them to my mom's backyard. Well one of her dogs busted out the back door while I was going to the backyard. Let's just say that Kullen was not going to have another dog growl at him! Baby girl is about 50 lbs and when she growled he attacked! He was NOT going to let go of her neck. It took several minutes to get them apart. And when we finally did, Baby Girl had a pretty big hole in her neck. Mom took her to the vet and they wouldn't stitch her up, because when they went in to do that, they noticed that Kullen did more damage farther down inside of her neck. Needless to say, she had to have a drain put in for a week before they could stick her up. She is better now and back to herself! But I bet she won't growl at Kullen anymore - and we didn't give her the chance! We drove them around for every showing after that! We decided it was better to drive around for an hour than to have dog fights! We are so excited that all the showings are over!

No comments:

Post a Comment