Saturday, July 06, 2013

Moving On Up ...

Ahh I'm so stinking excited to be able to say that I'm moving up to SECOND GRADE!

It's kind of bitter-sweet for me though! I seriously love my first grade ladies! I think we might have had the most fun out of all the teachers in the school! We get along so well and work together great! Here are some pictures of our crazy fun!
Us at Jessica's hubby's graduation day!
50s Dress Up Day

Yes we are those brave teachers that take 100 first graders swimming every year!
100th Day of School!

Unplanned Black Day!
I'm going to miss teaching with them ... BUT the good news is that I only had to move right across the hall! I'm actually moving into my friend Cindy's old room ... she left last year to go teach at a private school. We miss her, but glad she likes her new school! This picture was us on her last official awards day:
Awards Day Fun 2012!
Anyway ... back to the subject at hand! I'm finally getting to move up to 2nd grade! I'm so stinking excited and nervous all at the same time. There have been and still are so many changes going on in the education field that it's overwhelming! It's a lot to take in. I think that this will be a great grade to teach and I'm ready for the change. The plus side is, I already know the group of kids moving up since I taught them last year. I don't know who is on my class list, but I think it's going to be a great year.

My husband is seriously the best thing in the world. I don't know how I got so lucky. He does EVERYTHING for me. I wouldn't make it without him. Ever since I found out I was able to move to the new grade, he has been helping me. We are almost moved out of my old classroom - just a few small things left to get. He painted my new room, helped me hang bulletin boards up, helped label my books according to AR reading level, and even helped me start decorating some of the bulletin boards. HE IS THE BEST! I don't know many husbands that would go help their wives decorate a classroom! Here are a few pictures of the progress so far! Enjoy :)

My grandmother made me some new curtains for my class!

See he's the best! Labeling my classroom library.

I LOVE the curtains! I'm keeping my owl theme and just adding stuff to it this year!

He did a great job!

My grandmother also made me a chevron cover for my computer! LOVE IT!

It's not a very good picture, but you get the idea. I'm adding Boho Birds to my theme this year!

That's all I have time for now ... we are heading to the ballpark to watch Ryle's cousins play some baseball! Oh I do want to show you how cute Ryle's granddaddy is! 
I could just hug him all day! He is adorable in that hat!
Isn't he the cutest thing you've ever seen in that hat?! We love him so much! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment