Monday, January 05, 2015

I've been MIA ...

Wow, I can't believe my last post was in September! Needless to say A LOT has happened since then and I was informed by a friend that I needed to update the blog ... so here it goes!!

Back in October, Ryle and I saw our High Risk doctor (at 16 weeks). Everything looked great and both babies were right on schedule! We even found out at this appointment that Baby B was a GIRL! I left the hospital with the biggest smile on my face, while Ryle was in panic mode! Haha - he was scared that Baby A would also be a girl. The doctor couldn't get Baby A in the right position to determine the gender. So Ryle would have to wait for another 2 weeks to find out! But seriously ... a girl ... headbands, big bows, and lots of dressing up are in my future!!

We then went to my regular OB at 18 weeks for our "big" 18 week anatomy scan. Much to Ryle's relief, Baby A is a BOY! So we get the best of both worlds - A BOY AND A GIRL!! Again, both babies are doing great, which means this is one HAPPY mommy! And Daddy was pretty happy too! We had our gender reveal party for the family the very next day! Our theme was "Camo or Pink, what do you think?!", it turned out great! We tricked my father in law and only let out pink balloons at first because he just knew there was a boy in there! Then we let out the camo balloons! I have waited so long for all of these moments, sometimes it still doesn't seem real ...

November 19, is a day I will never forget. Ryle and I go to our second high risk appointment, expecting everything to be fine because we have had nothing but good reports at all of our appointments since getting pregnant. Babies were looking and doing great. However, the doctor saw something with my cervix, and wanted to do a vaginal ultrasound to double check. Once he saw the ultrasound, his exact words were "I'm a little concerned with what I see". At this point, I'm 20 weeks and a nervous wreck because I know that the babies would not survive if something happened. Apparently, baby boy was sitting directly on my cervix and it was starting to "funnel" or open. He explained how this was cause for concern. So I turn to Ryle and say "I'm a little freaked out right now", the doctor's reply was "You should be freaked out, the babies would not live if you went into labor". In the back of my mind I already knew this, but to hear the words come out of the doctor's mouth did something to me. I almost lost it on the table. They told me to come back in a week and see if there are any changes. After I got dressed, I could barely keep it together. I had to get out of that hospital as fast as I could. Ryle and I decided that I would take off the next two days just to get off of my feet. I was put on "husband mandated bed rest"! So I spent the next week on the couch or in bed ... I'm SO thankful for my amazing husband. He took such great care of us during that week.

We went back November 26th to have my cervix rechecked. And thank goodness, the funnel was gone. They didn't check on the babies at this visit, but I didn't care after they told me my cervix was much better.

Then we saw my regular doctor on December 1st. At this visit after hearing about everything that happened, he put me on 6 weeks of modified bed rest. Meaning I could get up and move around my house, but I couldn't be on my feet for long periods of time. He says that there is no medical proof that bed rest will prevent the cervix from funneling or prevent preterm labor, but after being on bed rest for a week and then getting a good cervix report, I'm a firm believer. On December 22, he extended my bed rest throughout my pregnancy. On December 31, we saw the high risk doctor again. So far my cervix is looking great and babies are healthy.

I'm so thankful that they are doing well. I just couldn't stand the thought of losing them. The best parts of my day are just laying around and feeling or watching them move. I'm not sure I will ever be able to truly explain to them how much they were wanted or loved before they even got here. I still get all emotional when I think about how long we "worked" to get to this point. Every single day as I rub my belly, or read them a story, or just talk to them, I'm reminded that I was just about ready to give up. I was at the point where I thought that I would never get pregnant. I thought that I would never be able to give my husband a child ... much less 2! I love them so much already, I can't imagine loving them even more. But I know that as soon as they make their arrival, I will be proved wrong. It's hard to believe that I'm already 27 weeks. It seems so crazy to think that in as little as 7-10 weeks if we make it to my doctors goal of 34-37 weeks, that I will have two babies in my arms.

Two little miracles. My Canaan and Camille ....

Here are some pictures since it's been 3 months!









Gender Reveal Party

Camo AND Pink

One of my favorite pictures ever! Diesel is going to be a great big brother!!

No comments:

Post a Comment