Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all of the lucky women that get to enjoy being a Mom.

I only cried once today so I guess that's a plus. I don't know if anyone knew how hard today was for me. Well, I take that back ... my Dad knew. He sent me text messages throughout the day to check on me. I worked in my Mom's flowerbeds all day as her Mother's Day gift. And then we had dinner with Ryle's parents tonight. I guess keeping busy helped me keep my mind off of everything. My Mom also gave me some pink roses, which put a smile on my face (she handed them to me and said they were for her favorite daughter (but I'm her only daughter haha).

I know that it's not right of me to be "selfish" and want to celebrate Mother's Day for me, but that's how I feel. I want to celebrate it because I'm a Mom. All last week, I helped my kids at school make Mother's Day presents for their Moms. It wasn't anything fancy, but I know that their Mom's will cherish it - because it's from their child. I want that. I want to hang something that my child made me on our refrigerator. I guess I need to remember what Fred said, and take myself out of it. I just need to enjoy what I have at the moment, but that's such a hard thing to do.

That's all I really know to say. It was a hard day. I just want to be a Mom ... but then again, everyone already knows that.

No comments:

Post a Comment