Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Crawl Back In Bed Kinda Day

There are no words to describe my day today other than this: it's the kind of day that makes you want to crawl back in bed! I wanted to call the clinic to make sure that we didn't owe them anything because it seems like every time we go over there they always say that we owe them more money. I just wanted to be prepared this time and not caught off guard. Well good news first - we don't owe them anything! Yay!

Bad news: she tells me that the doctor I have an appointment with RETIRED and I no longer have an appointment for IVF consult! My response: WHAT? Why didn't ya'll call me?! Basically they were not going to call me until they found another appointment time. She said they didn't know when I would be able to get in because they are only down to one doctor now - it could be a long time. I mean seriously were they going to let me drive two hours over there without calling me to tell me that I no longer had an appointment?! I was not a happy camper and let her know it.

I immediately hang up with them and call Ryle. I'm crying and he's meeting with a farmer, but I guess he could tell that something was wrong so he talked to me for a minute. I told him that I had convinced myself to go to Natchez for Thanksgiving. I knew it would be hard, but maybe since we were supposed to see the clinic that week and get a game plan in place that I would be ok. But now that I can't see them, what am I supposed to do? I'm just so pissed off.

The clinic did call me back around 3 and said they can squeeze me in on December 2nd. Which means I will have to take off work now but oh well I guess.

I also went to see my doctor today to ask her about the headaches and to see if there was another clinic I could go to in town. Well no other clinic near by. I would have to go to Dallas, Houston, Jackson, or New Orleans. She said she would suggest New Orleans, but that makes it very difficult with my work schedule. We are going to look into it though. It wouldn't hurt I guess. And nothing I can do about the headaches except to stop taking the Metformin. She said it could just be my body adjusting to all the changes its making. I don't want to stop taking it, because I think it will help. Two weeks ago when they did all of my labs, my insulin level was 25 - it should have been under 17. So that's why I'm going to keep taking it and hope that the headaches will go away.

I am also starting my Zoloft today. She told me to cut it in half and only take 25mg instead of 50mg for a while until my body adjusts to the Metformin. Ryle doesn't want me to take it, but I need it. I'm starting to feel sad and blah all the time again. I so hope this helps because I don't know what else to do.

Now I'm going to go do some research on the fertility clinic in New Orleans ....

No comments:

Post a Comment