Friday, June 10, 2011

Cycle Day 10

To be honest, it hasn't been a very good day for me. We went back for another ultrasound today. And guess what? We didn't see the doctor, we saw the nurse. Well these are the results she got from the ultrasound. Right ovary: 7, 8, 6, 7, 9, 7, 7, 9, and 7mm. Left ovary: 11x9, 6, 12x8, 8, 10x9, 10x7, 9, 10x8, and 7mm.

I was not happy at all with the results. In fact I started crying on the way home - of course Ryle got mad at me. That's all he does these days when I show an emotion that he doesn't approve of. After five vials of Repronex, I just expected the follicles to grow a little more. The nurse tried to reassure me by saying that even though they didn't grow a lot, several of them did "jump ahead". She says that the next set of shots will "feed" those that did jump ahead. So she said the six vials should be enough - that did make me happy.

Well the nurse calls at 4:30 and says that the doctor wants me to do 3 tonight, 2 tomorrow, and 3 on Sunday. Well in case you need help with the math, that's eight vials - not six. So I had to break down and order 2 more - cost $187 (that we don't really have). I really wanted to order two extra incase the doctor said that I needed them for Monday. But we just can't afford to buy them, pay for the IUI, and have money to live on for a week. So let me just say right here, that I have the best sister-in-law ever. She paid for the two extra vials and we will pay her back when I get paid at the end of the month. It stinks only getting paid once a month.

I had a break down today. Maybe I just needed a good long cry, I don't know. But it's the first one I've had in a while. Then Ryle and I got in another fight - over money and my crying. Just once in my life, can't something go according to plan? Am I not meant to have a baby? Is that what God's trying to tell me?

No comments:

Post a Comment