Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Cycle Day 7

Well we got up at 5:30 this morning to make it to our 8:15 appointment. The visit went really well. I didn't get to see Dr. V, I had to see Dr. London. Either doctor is fine with me, I just hate it when we only get to see a nurse. I made Ryle record the conversation with the doctor on his phone so that I could remember all of it when we left. I know that sounds silly, but they throw so many numbers, measurements, and other information at you - it's just overwhelming.

So on my right ovary I have a 9, 8, 6, 8, 8, 8, and a 9mm. On the left I have a 6, 7, 8, 9, and a 9mm. Those are the follicle sizes. They like for them to be closer to 18 before we do the trigger shot. They grow 1-2mm a day, but usually more with medicine. Mine have some growing to do!

I am just waiting on the nurse to call so she can tell me the dosage changes that he is making. Dr. London thinks that it will be 2 vials (tonight), 1 vial (tomorrow), 2 vials (Thursday),and then come back in on Friday. Or he said it could be 2 vials each night. He thinks that we might have to order some more Repronex for this cycle. This makes me really sad because that means even more money that we don't have. So cross your fingers and pray that my 10 remaining vials are enough to make it to the IUI!

On another note, I finished the book that Megan gave me, Dear God, Why Can't I Have a Baby? It was a really easy read and it helped knowing that other people felt the same way that I do. It felt good knowing that it's normal to be mad, depressed, jealous, frustrated, sad, happy, well heck - basically every emotion humanly possible. I have felt them all and I'm sure that it's not over yet. I know that God has a plan and I just hope that his plan includes me being a mother. The book talked a lot about couples giving up on the fertility treatments because of money - those couples decided on adoption, but some also chose to live without a child in their lives. I know for a fact I can not do that. That's not an option for me. So I asked Ryle how he felt about adoption, and he said No. He does not want to adopt. I guess he saw the hurt on my face or something, because he said they only way that he would consider that is if they told us we could not ever have our own child. I don't want to stop trying to have our own biological child - that's what I want more than anything, but I just wanted to know how he felt about the adoption option. Well I guess I found out - he does not like it. So that topic is closed and won't be reopened until necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment