Monday, June 13, 2011

Cycle Day 13

I had to make the long drive by myself today. Ryle had to work so I went to our appointment alone. I had a blast on the way over there - I got to listen to my music as loud as I wanted, and of course sing along with it. I love Taylor Swift, but Ryle can't stand to listen to her. So I took advantage of my two hour drive by myself and got my "Taylor fill" for the day.

Anyway I got to see Dr. London this morning. On my right ovary there is a: 11x10, 10x10, 6, 6, 6, 6, and a 10mm. On my left there is a: 12x12, 11x10, 9, 8, 12x10, and a 7mm. Basically there are about 5 follicles that are ahead of the others. Those are the follicles that we are going to "feed". While I was there he told me that he could not believe how stubborn my ovaries were being. He actually called them stubborn. But I guess I can believe it, that's just my luck. Dr. London seems to think that I will have 3-5 mature follicles at the end of this mess. He told me that he thought I would need 8-10 more vials of Repronex. I left the office in tears and immediately called Ryle. I don't mind the shots. It's just that we didn't expect to need 25 vials of this stuff. We didn't plan for it.

The nurse called back with my blood work and said that he wants to reduce my dosage. I am now going to do two vials tonight, two tomorrow, and two on Wednesday. She said that I would need to order six vials since I already have two. We will return to the office on Thursday morning for another ultrasound. I asked her why he was reducing it since my ovaries were being stubborn. She said that my Estrogen level went from 81 on Friday to 400 this morning. I have no idea what that has to do with anything, but I plan on asking on Thursday.

Let's just be honest for a minute, I'm a school teacher. I have one of the worst paying jobs in the world! How am I supposed to afford this? Well I can't. No matter how you look at it, I just can't afford it. My Dad and sister-in-law bought the six vials for us today. And I will just add that to the amount that I owe them. It's a never ending list apparently. Ryle and I decided that this would be our last attempt for a while. We can't afford it. This cycle is already more than my monthly paycheck. So if I don't get pregnant off of this IUI, I don't know when I will get to try again. This makes me really sad. I cried the whole way home from Shreveport. After this cycle, we will be over the $5,000 mark. That's depressing to me. This isn't how you are supposed to have a baby. This isn't what we planned ...

No comments:

Post a Comment