Friday, July 22, 2011

3 Years


Three years ago today, I married my best friend on the beach in Destin, Florida. I remember it like it happened yesterday. I remember the way he brushed the hair out of my face as I said my vows, while I was trying not to cry. I remember the way he looked at me - like I was the only person in the world. I remember feeling that this was the best day of my life. I remember feeling like I made the right choice.

And to this day, I still feel all of those things. I know that I made the right choice in marrying him. I am so grateful to have such an amazing man in my life. He's more than I deserve. I cherish every single minute with him and cannot imagine what my life would be without him in it. It seems so much longer than just three years. It's almost hard to remember what my life was like before him - it's hard to believe that I have only known him for six years.

We have been through our share of ups and downs. Lately it seems there have been a lot of downs. But somehow, we always manage to pull through. And I know that a big part of that is due to him - he is my strength.

So I just want to say thank you to Ryle today. Thank you for always being there and providing for me. Thank you for loving and supporting me. Thank you for never giving up on me or us. And most importantly, thank you for being you ... the best husband I could have ever asked for.

No comments:

Post a Comment