Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Painting With A Twist

My sister-in-law, Ruthie, and I had an adventure tonight! For the first time ever ... we picked up a paint brush! Okay, so yes - we have painted walls in a house. But never have we tried to actually paint a picture. Let me just say, for $35 - it was the best time I've had in a while. We live in a town where there is nothing to do! You can go out to eat or go to a movie. Those are your two options, but Painting With A Twist opened this week. I would totally recommend it to anyone - even if you think you can't paint.

My Blank Canvas

The "Twilight" Moon as my husband calls it!

Ruthie drying her moon

Kind of looks like a Halloween Tree!

Group Picture

Ruthie, Me, and our MASTERPIECES!

Moonlit Cherry Blossoms



On a side note, I just want to say that I have the sweetest husband - in case you didn't already know! I rode with him to take pictures of a field the other day. Well he was trying to explain to me how the flower on a cotton plant changes color - from white to pink (apparently it changes color in like a day). While he was taking pictures of the field that we drove two hours to see, he picked me a flower from a cotton plant. We couldn't find a pretty pink one. But he was just so sweet about it so I had to share!




Well it's time to get ready for bed. I get to wake up early for our doctor's appointment. I will let you know what they say!




No comments:

Post a Comment