Tuesday, February 14, 2012

IUI number ... well we've lost count!

Well have I mentioned that we love our doctor? In case I haven't told you, we just love them!

Let me start with Monday ... it was a crazy day at school (inside recess and PE - yuck). But my wonderful and loving husband had a flower arrangement sent to me since I was going to miss Valentine's Day at work. Red tulips are my favorite! When I got home at 3:30, we left for Baton Rouge. One of my wonderful brothers "doggie sat" for us (thanks Bryan). We got to Baton Rouge around 7:30 and checked into the hotel that my in-laws booked for us (they are the best). After we checked in, it was time to go for our dinner reservations at Texas de Brazil. It was the best dinner ever! I love that place. We had been to the one in Memphis two years ago, and let me just say that the Baton Rouge location is just as good! We even got our favorite dessert to go and enjoyed it back at the hotel.

This morning when we woke up, I already had knots in my stomach. Just this terrible nervous feeling - all I could think was "this has got to work" or "please God, let this work". We got to the clinic at 7:45 to drop off the 'sample' and we were told to return around 10:30. So knowing that I just love books, Ryle took me to Barnes and Noble and let me pick out a few new books. We also had some Starbucks before it was time to return. We actually got to the clinic early - I hate being late! We arrived at 10 and had to wait until almost 11 before they called us back. Dr. Dunaway got tied up in surgery. Ryle had a good count - over 18 million with 96% mobility. Yay! Dr. Dunaway also said he thinks that I had about 4 follicles that were mature enough (two on each side). Yikes!

When it got time for the actual insemination, Dr. Dunaway let Ryle "inject" the little swimmers. Dr. Dunaway had the catheter in place, and let Ryle inject them with the syringe. So now we can say that Ryle actually got me pregnant - not the doctor! We just love it in Baton Rouge. We are crossing our fingers and praying that this will be the most memorable Valentine's Day yet. In two weeks I will be able to take an at home pregnancy test and then we will know. But I'm going to stay positive and just BELIEVE that it worked!

Hope you all had an amazing Valentine's Day, because I know I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment