Thursday, March 10, 2011

Elementary Education

Let me start this post by saying that I LOVE MY JOB! I have always wanted to be a teacher. Yes, there are some days where I think that working as a Wal-Mart door greeter would be better. There are also some days where I can't wait to get away from kids. But overall, I love it. I teach 22 wonderful first graders at an amazing school.

I have to be honest ... being a teacher is not a job for someone who can't conceive. It's like being in hell. I hate to say that, but it's true. I am forced to look at cute and loving kids all day long. I have to listen to them tell me how great there Mom is, or what cool thing their Dad did for them the past weekend. I also get to watch some of them lose their first tooth, learn to read, and so many other things. These are all things that I want to watch my children go through.

I also get to look at pregnant teachers five days a week (there's no way to delete them from school like on facebook). I love the ladies I work with and I'm so glad that they are being blessed with children. Yes, it hurts me to look at them. And if it's not pregnant teachers, then I have to listen to other teachers talk about their children. Do I ever want to just scream and walk away? Well of course! But I can't.

Being a first grade teacher is a constant reminder of what I can't have right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment